8/05/2013

Rain gutter Bookshelfs

Have you seen the book shelves that are made from a rain gutter!?  I found a tutorial here and decided to give it a shot!  These are how mine turned out:


I just bought one rain gutter and cut it in half to make these!  The rain gutter itself was only about $6 but beware the end pieces and supports were $2-$3 each.  The entire project was just over $20.  My favorite part about making these was going to Lowe's for a date night with my hubby!  I purchased the rain gutter right as the store was closing and realized after the doors were locked that the uncut rain gutter was not going to fit in our car! ; )  We had some good laughs and made some fun memories and eventually ended up folding the rain gutter to make it fit in our car.  I was able to blow dry the fold out and reshape it when we got home.  Note to self:  make the cuts in the store next time, it makes transporting easier and saves you time later! ; )
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I've always wanted shelves like that from Ikea but we live no where near one. Bam! Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For kids is great. I have to do something with room :)
    Hosting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/10/2013

    I have read lot about the gutter bookshelves. This ideas is becoming more and more artistic now. Thanks for sharing.Liquid Roof Repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me. I've seen gutters turned into gardens but not into bookshelves. This is so resourceful and creative of you. I might try to create one myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Kyle Hoffman @ RoofingAndMoreInc.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...